Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Turkeys

Turkeys.....they seem to be everywhere on my runs. Today was no different and I took some video. I looked up the name for a group of turkeys. There are several. They can be a "gang", "flock", "muster", or "rafter". Rafter?  That is what various bird and dictionary sites show. In my world it's a flock. This flock was very agitated and squawking a lot. There were other odd sounds coming from a few in the field as well.
We all see turkeys frequently these days and are used to them. I run right through the flocks when on a road but will they attack? I've never had a problem yet but am always leery of them.

Today's run was 7.5 miles out to Sessions Woods. Starting to taper down my runs before the Lake Waramaug ultra on Sunday. Therefore this will rapidly become a boring running week.

No comments: