Tuesday, April 19, 2016

100K! Am I crazy?

Lake Waramaug

Five days until the big one. That is the Lake Waramaug 100K ultramarathon. As most know I love running long distances. My typical morning runs are 5-10 miles long. Long races are not a new thing as I have done 50Ks, a 50 miler, and of course marathons. But this week I take on the biggest yet....a 100K. I must be crazy. It's a lot of work and it takes all DAY to run it.
A favorite picture- the 2014 50K finish.
My training plan was not well organized. I did gradually increase my long runs since the fall to include a number of 20 milers. The final long run was two weeks ago. I have plenty of runs in the mid-teen range. So am I ready? Are any of us really sure we're ready for these monster races? One never knows until its over which for me happens in five days.

No comments: