Monday, July 14, 2014

It's been three weeks since the start of my formal marathon training. Tuesday is speed work day and Thursday is hill repeat day. Speed work has been more enjoyable than I thought it would. It's actually fun to try to improve each 1/4 mile. I have done as many as six repeats so far. I hope to expand to the longer "800's" in August. Has it helped my speed? Maybe just a bit which is reflected in my weekend 5K in Cornwall CT. My finish time was 25:13 which is far from a record better than the 26+ times seen in the past year.
The Garmin map below is the Cornwall PharmaCares 5K result.


The day after Cornwall I went out for a long run. Started out intending to do 15 miles but the hot and humid weather got to me. Had to cut it off at 11 miles. Today I started the week with a nice 6 mile run. probably the worst of the year with a very uncomfortable temp and humidity. Chart below.


Not many races in July and August. The focus is on the fall for the Hogsback Half and Hartford full marathons. Will just plug away at training and hopefully improve.

No comments: