Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekend of Significant Runs

A great running weekend because both days had a significant run. Saturday was the Bristol Shamrock 2 mile run. Not a big race but it resulted in a PR for me. I finished in 15:53 which was more than a minute faster than any other 2 mile race in the past. In 2011 my time for this very race was 17:00. I was very happy to say the least. Did well in my age group as well coming in 13 of 42.
The photos from that race below. One thing about most running photos is they are boring. Usually the same pose in almost the same outfits. Just a different city.
Me, Lee, Brent, and Tracy(usual group) pre-race.

About to achieve a PR for a 2 mile race.
Sunday was a much greater challenge. That was the Asta Memorial 19.8 mile race for the Hartford Track Club. It is basically a training run for those heading to the Boston Marathon. We decided to add miles because of the upcoming ultra-marathon. I needed a 24 mile run at this point in my training so Asta offered the opportunity. Great weather today with temps near 4of and clear blue skies. I did the run/walk technique once again. The 24 miles took 4:37 with an average pace of 11:15. Not too shabby. I need to maintain this pace for the ultra on April 21st. If I can my finish time will be under 6 hours. As I write this, 7 hours after the finish, I feel like I ran a full marathon but this time my ankles are sore. Very strange.




This run today convinced me I will be able to finish the Jack Bristol Lake Waramaug 50K easily...well maybe not "easily". But I'll finish.

No comments: