Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good week for running

This past week was one of my best for training runs. Except for one rainstorm the weather was great and the cities I ran in had wide open roads. I ran in Poughkeepsie, Buffalo, and the normal hometown routes. Lately I am able to keep a good fast pace between 8:00 and 9:30 per mile. This is encouraging as the fall race season begins. Monday is the New Haven 20k which I last ran in 1983. Just short of a half marathon I need to do well. My goal is sub 1:50 which is possible based on my recent training. The next race is Hogsback Half Marathon. Course map. Last year the weather was awful and  barely finished within 2 hours. This year I will finish under 2 and maybe get closer to 1:50. In the coming weeks I will step up the pace gradually to ensure a good time for the October Hartford Marathon.

No comments: