Sunday, September 30, 2012

Final prep for Hartford

As September came to a close I wrapped up a summer of marathon training with a 21 mile run. This would be my 3rd 20+ run in the last 8 weeks. I have trained harder and more effectively than in 2011 so the results at Hartford should show. Even if I do not beat my 4:13 time I should be in much better physical shape at the end.

My 21 mile run included a trip up Route 4 in Burlington which equates to a 700 foot incline over 2 miles. Tough but I did it. Good prep workout. Map below:


Today I ran the Apple Harvest Festival race in Southington CT. Figured I'd give it a try since everyone else in our group was running. Good 5 mile race. My time was 43:45 at a 8:45 pace. Not too shabby after 21 miles just 23 hours earlier.
http://www.plattsys.com/m1shell.asp?eventid=990&webadd=/results/res2012/appl512.txt

A couple of pictures. The second is Lee with Bill Rogers who ran the 5K today.
At the finish of the 5 miler.

Lee saying hello to Bill Rogers
September was my biggest running month with 204.9 miles logged. During the next two weeks I will taper down as the Hartford Marathon approaches.

No comments: