Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 .....Looking Forward To It

2012 has a lot of potential to be a very good year. Why? First of all is the fact that our 3rd grandchild, Adilyn, will be born on January 20th to Jason and Meghan. Our little troop of grandkids is growing and she will be the first grand daughter. Secondly there is a good chance some family issues may finally be resolved which can relieve a bunch of tension for a lot of people. Now that my achilles appears to be healed I could have a great year running because I'm past the "beginner" stage of running and can fine tune my abilities. There are many road races on the horizon and I've signed up for four already. The first is later today.

Running Goals for 2012:

  • Run 2 Marathons at a pace of 4 hours or less.
  • Run 3-4 Half Marathons...all under 2 hours
  • Do at least one real cross country run
  • Do multiple sub-4 min 5K races
  • Do one ultra of 30 miles.
All of the above goals are easily within reach. Just slight improvements will get me there. Running in many races is a goal as well. If I can run 1-2 races a month it will provide the motivation to train hard. I can't slack off.
Other goals is to have a solid profitable year at work. Our management has changed and the company is in a "good place" right now. There is a lot of potential for work to become fun again.

So the year begins now. Off to prep for my first race of 2012.

No comments: