Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Is Over

2011 was my first full year "running". I developed a passion for running which continues to grow. I ran nine races this year with my major being the Hartford ING Marathon in October. Two races that I consider my best  were the Iron Horse Half Marathon in June and the Malibu Fitness 5k on Thanksgiving day. Both were personal record runs and couldn't have gone better. I have signed up for races in 2012 and hope to do much more than 2011. Right now I expect to run in two marathons, four half marathons, and a ton of short races. Depending on how the Hyannis Marathon goes I may even try a 30 mile Ultra in April.

If I had to pick a running goal in 2012 it would be to improve time. I don't expect to get significantly faster but should be able to shorten average running times by 5-10%. It all depends on this nagging achilles issue. As long as that clears up during January the rest of the year should be a breeze.

No comments: